This tour of the Hong Kong financial district will reveal all the secrets of the enormous Asian metropolis and its colonial past. And best of all, it's free!
The tour meets in the heart of Hong Kong, to begin our walking tour of some of the most emblematic spots of the legendary island's financial district, widely known as the Pearl of the Orient.
This former British colony is today one of the most influential and important cities on the planet, and a major economic driver within China. To discover what makes this corner of the world so special, we'll take a moment in the Mid-Levels escalators. Did you know that taking the full route from start to finish takes almost half an hour?!
Then we'll explore the lively Sheung Wan neighbourhood, where you can find hidden gems such as the Man Mo temple, dating back to the 19th century, and dedicated to the God of Letters (Man) and War (Mo). And we'll also admire the wide range of street food stalls, where we'll talk you through how their star dishes are made.
- On our free tour of Hong Kong reservations for more than 6 people are not permitted.
- Children should come accompanied by an adult. The maximum number of children per adult is three.
- Remember that during the tour we don't head inside any of the monuments.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 1% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 1% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 11 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Hang Seng Tower (83 Des Voeux Rd Central).